Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Trainings began in 2014 when Loretta Jo opened Yoga-Mojo Studio. Loretta Jo had been supporting a variety of yoga teacher trainings as a guest teacher at various studios for many years — and was asked by several of her students to teach them the Yoga-Mojo Method*, help them go deeper into their practices and prepare them to teach and share this ancient practice. Loretta Jo began to develop a core curriculum working with a variety of resources to create Yoga-Mojo Teacher Trainings, offering the first YMYTT RYT200 Program in 2017 and YMYTT RYT300 scheduled for 2024.
*The Yoga-Mojo Method is a comprehensive methodology for guiding students in a practice, empowering each student to embrace and the means to go deeper on their personal yoga journey.
READY FOR THE JOURNEY?
We’d love to chat~ Set up a call with Loretta Jo~ or
Send us an email and we’ll schedule a call~ or call 919-533-YOGA (9642)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Following an impactful and self-transformative experience, graduating participants will be awarded the internationally-recognized Yoga Alliance RYT 200 Registration or RYT 500 Registration and CEU’s as applicable.
- YMYTT gives participants a foundation of knowledge to confidently proceed in your personal journey – to become a more confident, healthful, and proficient personal practitioner, teacher, coach, guide, responder, provider, caregiver, leader, builder, integrator, helper, healer, facilitator, supporter, communicator, artist…
- A Yoga transformation journey is for life – this is the beginning of your Journey.
- For practice development, students are schooled in the Yoga-Mojo Art of Sequencing – a proven Yoga-Mojo method for informed development of safe, effective, and enjoyable yoga practices that skillfully deliver physical, mental, and spiritual lift – joy – through purposeful, accessible and choreographed movement.
- Additional guest instructors contribute their knowledge, wisdom, and perspective for students within their respective specializations.
YOGA-MOJO YOGA TRAINING AND STUDIES PROGRAM IS PERFECT FOR
- Personal Journeys – students seeking self-healing and/or personal transformation by evolving, strengthening, and better-integrating body, mind, and spirit.
- Yoga Teachers – seeking a better foundation and methodology to be informed, empowered, and confident as a Yoga professional.
- Health and Wellness coaches – seeking to augment, deepen, and expand their integrative perspective, 1:1 coaching impact, and professional opportunities.
- Continuous Caregivers – seeking a path to effective self-care, as both respite and recovery from the noble burden of caring for others.
- Front-Line medical and First Responders – movement and methods enabling purposeful and proactive self-management of well-being within the inevitable stresses of the job.
…and others of us seeking a timeless approach to heal, strengthen, and experience our best life.
The Yoga-Mojo Yoga Training and Studies Program is not just yoga teacher training – it provides a solid foundation to discover, build, and improve strength, vitality, and joy through the purposeful moving meditation of the yoga practice – agelessly building and maintaining a healthful, active, and ever-evolving life-style.
Next steps: Download the Yoga-Mojo RYT Application and return to Loretta Jo
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program (YMYTT200)
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program (YMYTT300)
Yoga Alliance Registered
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training (YMYTT200) is registered with Yoga Alliance and is a 5-star rated program by students!
YMYTT200 is scheduled to begin September 2023
Ready to begin your journey?
Send Loretta Jo an email!!
Yoga-Mojo 200-hour Teacher Training (YMYTT200) is a comprehensive training course in the ancient teachings of yoga coupled with knowledge gleaned from many wonderful teachers and years of practice and teaching. The training is designed to help you deepen your personal practice while enriching your understanding of the history of the practice, the philosophy of the practice and to prepare you to become a wonderful and confident yogi/yogini/yoga teacher.
The YMYTT200 curriculum is a nine-month program* that meets one weekend per month. Content rich, you’ll progress through the program via lecture, discussion and experiential learning. The curriculum covers
- Patanjali’s 8-Limbs of Yoga~ includes yoga history and yoga practice theory.
- You’ll dive into the physical poses with an understanding of alignment & anatomy.
- You’ll learn pranayama (breath work) and dhyana (meditation).
- The Pancha Maha Bhutas ~ 5 Great Elements.
- Students learn the Yoga-Mojo Method for creating dynamic asana sequences along with mindful class themes.
- In addition, YMYTT200 includes an introduction to mantras, mudras, chakras and mythology.
*YMYTT200 meets 9 weekends
Each weekend you’ll revisit the previous teachings along with experiential learning and contemplative self-study.
As a teacher in training, YMYTT200 provides you the tools so you are empowered to create yoga practices that are safe and effective. Anatomy includes an overview of the bones & muscles and how they are used in yoga asana – and, how best to adapt postures for each student. There is an art to yoga sequencing and YMYTT200 includes the Yoga-Mojo Methodology: Art of Sequencing~ As you get deeper in your knowledge you’ll be introduced to how best to serve different demographics (seniors, children, pregnancy) and you can then hone your skills even more with practice teachings and community classes.
All YMYTT students are required to:
- attend every weekend of training
- complete YMYTT homework including readings, practice sequences & YMYTT Quiz(s)
- demonstrate an understanding and application of the practice of yoga
- provide community classes
Upon successful completion graduates will receive Yoga-Mojo’s YMYTT Certification and are able to register as an RYT200 Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance®.
In depth content, quality instruction and more.
2019-2020 YMYTT Graduates Feedback:
- Our Yogi, Loretta Jo, went several extra “miles” to take us on this journey during 2020. She made it happen and we are all so appreciative and grateful. So much more than a Yoga Teacher Training. ❤
- I will definitely recommend Yoga-Mojo/Loretta Jo Schlatzer to anyone seeking a deeper experience in Yoga. Her kind and compassionate professionalism is spot on. The instruction and material she provides is probably the best out there. I compared schools before I signed up for training and Yoga-Mojo outranked any of the other providers. She also came highly recommended by a trusted friend. Not only am I able to teach now but I also have a mentor I trust.
- Beyond her vast knowledge of yoga, Loretta Jo shares her gifts, including the playing the harmonium, her style of story telling, her personal experiences and the methodology of sharing her practice.
- Loretta Jo’s program is amazing!
- YMYTT was great. It was well rounded, organized, and very detailed. I appreciated the care that was taken to share the practice and encourage every student to grow. In the midst of a pandemic, Loretta made a pivot that allowed us to continue our training in a safe and practical way. I shared a journey with amazing women that I hope to remain connected with for life!
- I would highly recommend Yoga~Mojo for RYT200 teacher training. Loretta Jo’s breadth of knowledge and openness for sharing all she has learned is refreshing. I will cherish my journey to become an RYT200 with Yoga~Mojo. I look forward to continuing my training with Yoga~Mojo and Loretta Jo as I begin to teach.
- Very organized, thorough, and just an exceptional program!
DOWNLOAD YMYTT200 APPLICATION
Early Bird: $2700 available through December 1st – Paid in Full
Pricing includes 20-Class pass throughout duration of program
Option 1: $3,000 Paid in Full by January 1st. ($250 is non-refundable/non-transferable) with Application.
Option 2: $3100 – Payment Plan. $500 Deposit ($250 is non-refundable/non-transferable) with application and 5 auto-payments of $520/ea. due the 1st of each month prior to each of the first five training weekends.
Option 3: $3,000 Paid in Full ($300 is non-refundable/non-transferable) with Application post January 1st
YMYTT RYT200 – 2023-2024
- SEP 22-24
- OCT 20-22
- NOV 10-12
- DEC 1-03
- JAN 5-7
- FEB 2-4
- FEB 16-18
- MAR 8-10
- APR 5-7
*Dates to be confirmed
Yoga-Mojo’s 300-hr Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program (YMYTT300/500)
Taking Applications for 2023-2024
Yoga-Mojo’s 300-hr Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program is a program designed for students who have a desire to go deeper into the yogic lifestyle and are looking to enhance and refine their teaching and/or practice. While designed for teachers, it is a wonderful program that helps all practitioners of yoga continue their studies of the practice whether the student desires to teach or chooses to enrich their own personal yoga journey.
Note: The following requisites are designed to ensure all students choosing to participate have an enjoyable and successful experience.
Pre-requisites for Yoga-Mojo’s Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program RYT300. Student….
- Currently has a regular yoga practice
- Has completed an RYT200 Program
- Agrees to commit to the program with attendance in all sessions and completion of all assignments
- Submits an online application, has read the Teachers Ethical Guidelines and reviewed/signed the Yoga-Mojo RYT300/500 Agreement
Yoga-Mojo’s Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program (YMYTT300/500) encourages students/teachers to live their yoga practice both on and off the mat. YMYTT300/500 provides advanced and more subtle training techniques in a welcoming and supportive environment.
Following the suggested curriculum guidelines recognized by the Yoga Alliance for a 300-hour program, YMYTT300/500 provides both a review of & goes much deeper and broader into foundational topics while imparting students’ knowledge of advanced teachings and application of the teachings. This training provides rich content and allows time for discussion while ensuring students fully grasp the ‘topic’ by being able to answer the ‘what’, ‘why’,and ‘how’ in each topic area, and demonstrating their understanding of same.
Each weekend includes practice & study of pranayama, meditation, anatomy, philosophy, mantra, mudra, asana, mythology & more.
YMYST – 300-Hour Topics & Overview Humanities / Yoga Philosophy * Lifestyle & Ethics * Anatomy & Physiology * Teaching Essentials/Teaching Methodology * Advanced Techniques, Training & Practicum * Yoga Mythology
It’s Loretta Jo’s most sincere desire to honor the heritage of this ancient practice and share the teachings of yoga in the modern world while upholding the highest teaching standards — supporting each yoga student/teacher on their path as they learn and grow both professionally and personally.
Complete the YMYTT300/500 Application (see below)
Additional Information about YMYTT300/500 Program:
*YMYTT300/500 is a 12-month weekend program — and may be offered as three separate 100+ hour modules.
*Participation in regularly scheduled group classes at CYC is required.
*Completion of YMYTT300/500 assigned homework and quizzes/assessments.
*25 Class Pass ($350 value) is included in tuition.
Feedback from Yoga-Mojo RYT200 Graduates
DOWNLOAD YMYTT300 APPLICATION
YMYTT300/500 – 2023 – 2024
YMYTT STUDENT FEEDBACK
“Working through the Art of Sequencing is proving to be such a gift! Not only are we learning how to sequence poses together, we’re learning to build a meaningful class, and this is the best! We’re moving through every single component of an impactful and healthy class, leaving no stone unturned. Focus on both the physical asanas and the heart theme, and intention for each class really permits you an opportunity to discover why and how yoga matters to you and to reflect upon what you might like to share with others as a teacher.”
“The sequence of material covered has been so important! It was great to spend the first several months really covering the poses in depth. Not only do you get tons of opportunity for “watchasana” among your classmates, you get to really work on your own poses too. Every single weekend leaves you with a huge game changer for your own physical practice. We’ve really spent so much time learning the correct and safe way to come into each posture, that I’ve not only developed new habits, I’ve been able to eliminate habits that didn’t serve me as well.”
“The nine month program has been so incredible thus far! While 9 months initially seemed like a long period of time, it really permits the opportunity to study and apply the teachings to your own daily practice. I can’t imagine having tried to condense this experience. My whole practice has changed and it’s flowing into so many other areas of my life, these first six months have been an amazing gift that I can’t imagine cutting it even a second shorter.”
“Our class has been so kind and welcoming and it has been an absolute pleasure to study alongside them. All feedback given during practice teaching sessions has been both kind and helpful and I’m confident this is the product of an environment only Loretta could create. This is an incredibly safe and informative space to learn more about history, tradition, and ritual while also really impacting your physical practice in the company of people really working to do the same.”
“I really can’t imagine a more holistic approach than Loretta’s. We’re covering so much more than the physical asanas. This training program has been an opportunity to learn about the history and the variety within yoga and really permits each yogi to explore the areas that resonate most with them. We’ve also studied the physical asanas in depth, looking not only at alignment but the accompanying breath.”
Additional Feedback from Yoga-Mojo’s Yoga Teacher Training
- Far exceeded my expectations!
- From day one, I felt supported, nurtured and in very good hands
- I feel very well equipped and well informed
- Perfect balance of movement, sharing and lecture
- I have experienced a tremendous amount of personal growth, spiritual connection and physical progress
- I did not expect to enrich my spiritual life!
- I will forever be a better person because of this experience