Yoga-Mojo Yoga Training & Studies Program (YMYST)
A life-changing 230 hours of world-class content, instruction, and practice for personal transformation and/or professional progress. Some highlights:
- The Yoga-Mojo Yoga Training and Studies Program (YMYST) is created, delivered, and embodied by a life-experienced business executive turned Yoga practitioner who has completed 15,000+ hours of personal yoga study, and delivered 11,500+ hours of yoga workshops, yoga teacher training, and guided yoga practice to thousands of students.
- YMYST participants receive a broad and deep contemporary orientation to the timeless elements of Yoga – including Yoga philosophy/history/branches, human anatomy, the origins and forms of yoga’s purposeful asanas (poses), yoga mythology, yoga mantras (ritual sounds), yoga mudras (ritual gestures) – and much more.
- The YMYST Program is an evolution of Loretta Jo’s five-star-rated Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training (YMYTT) curriculum. Registered with Yoga Alliance and Authorized Yoga Teacher Central Trainer.
- YMYST is a weekend program! Friday evenings, Saturday & Sunday’s — Nine Sessions — Starting May 21st!
Feedback from YMYTT Graduate: “I have experienced a tremendous amount of personal growth, spiritual connection and physical progress. This program far exceeded my expectations”
Loretta Jo’s story and credentials are here.
Hear from Yoga-Mojo Graduates
Ready for the Journey?
Complete the YMYST application – Yoga-Mojo YMYST Application – 2021
What You Can Expect
- For practice development, students are schooled in the Yoga-Mojo Art of Sequencing – a proven Yoga-Mojo method for informed development of safe, effective, and enjoyable yoga practices that skillfully deliver physical, mental, and spiritual lift – joy – through purposeful, accessible and choreographed movement.
- Additional guest instructors will join the session to contribute their knowledge, wisdom, and perspective for students within their respective specializations.
- Following an impactful and self-transformative experience, graduating participants will be awarded the internationally-recognized Yoga Alliance RYT 200 Registration and CEU’s as applicable.
- YMYST gives participants a foundation of knowledge to confidently proceed in your personal journey – to become a more confident, healthful, and proficient personal practitioner, teacher, coach, guide, responder, provider, caregiver, leader, builder, integrator, helper, healer, facilitator, supporter, communicator, artist…
- A Yoga transformation journey is for life – this is the beginning of your Journey.
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Training and Studies Program is perfect for:
- Personal Journeys – students seeking self-healing and/or personal transformation by evolving, strengthening, and better-integrating body, mind, and spirit.
- Yoga Teachers – seeking a better foundation and methodology to be informed, empowered, and confident as a Yoga professional.
- Health and Wellness coaches – seeking to augment, deepen, and expand their integrative perspective, 1:1 coaching impact, and professional opportunities.
- Continuous Caregivers – seeking a path to effective self-care, as both respite and recovery from the noble burden of caring for others.
- Front-Line medical and First Responders – movement and methods enabling purposeful and proactive self-management of well-being within the inevitable stresses of the job.
…and others of us seeking a timeless approach to heal, strengthen, and experience our best life.
The Yoga-Mojo Yoga Training and Studies Program is not “just” yoga teacher training – it provides a solid foundation to discover, build, and improve strength, vitality, and joy through the purposeful moving meditation of the yoga practice – agelessly building and maintaining a healthful, active, and ever-evolving life.
- YMYST Launches 5/21/21!
- Spaces are limited. 1:1 or group information sessions with Loretta Jo will begin 3/5
- Enrollment Opens Now – and closes 5/15/21 Note: Space is limited.
>> Please click here to apply, and/or to request a live information session.
When and Where – YMYST 2021 Session Calendar
At Yoga-Mojo Studio ~ and available online for students wishing to participate virtually via Zoom
Studies and Training
- Nine total YMYST Live Learning Weeks, consisting of…
- Nine Weekend Classroom Sessions …
- From 5:30PM-8:30PM, Friday Evenings (EST) and Saturday & Sundays 9AM-5PM
- …providing a well-paced, well-spaced learning continuum throughout the Program
- YMYTS students participate in 18 Live Classroom hours per Weekend with Loretta Jo & Guest Teachers–
- A total of 162 scheduled Live Learning hours with Loretta Jo and your YMYST peers
- YMYST students should expect to allocate 60+ additional self-study hours
- …or 2-4 hours each week during the ~25 week Program
Class attendance options:
- In-person at our safe, peaceful Yoga-Mojo Studio & outdoor settings
- via remote Zoom video
Live Learning Weeks*:
Week 1 May 21 – May 23rd
Week 2 June 11 – June 13th
Week 3 July 9 – July 11th
Week 4 July 30 – August 1st
Week 5 August 20 – August 22nd
Week 6 September 17 – September 19th
Week 7 October 8- October 10th
Week 8 October 29 – October 31st
Week 9 November 19 – November 21st (Graduation!)
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Training & Studies Program 2021 (YMYST) is now accepting applications for RYT200. YMYST is scheduled to begin the end of May and runs through mid November, 2021. This seven month program is being offered in-person (check out details below) & virtual / online. If you’re interested in Yoga-Mojo’s Yoga Teacher Training & Studies Program this is the year to Take the Journey! Questions? Send Loretta Jo an email: Yoga-Mojo Teacher Training — Virtual & In-Person – 2021
We’d love to have you join us on this Journey. Next step: Send us an email — complete the YMYTT application form. Send to Loretta Jo or call 919-533-YOGA (9642). See below for proposed 2021 weekend dates. Scholarships are available.
Questions? Send an email to Loretta Jo with any questions you might have or to set up time to chat.
NOTE: Loretta Jo is currently developing an RYT300/500 Program for 2021.
Please send an email to Loretta Jo let us know if you’re interested in Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training ~ We have a wonderful group of students registered and would love to have you join us.
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training from 2018 Graduates
Yoga-Mojo Yoga Teacher Training with Loretta Jo
YMYTT Student Feedback
“Working through the Art of Sequencing is proving to be such a gift! Not only are we learning how to sequence poses together, we’re learning to build a meaningful class, and this is the best! We’re moving through every single component of an impactful and healthy class, leaving no stone unturned. Focus on both the physical asanas and the heart theme, and intention for each class really permits you an opportunity to discover why and how yoga matters to you and to reflect upon what you might like to share with others as a teacher.”
“The sequence of material covered has been so important! It was great to spend the first several months really covering the poses in depth. Not only do you get tons of opportunity for “watchasana” among your classmates, you get to really work on your own poses too. Every single weekend leaves you with a huge game changer for your own physical practice. We’ve really spent so much time learning the correct and safe way to come into each posture, that I’ve not only developed new habits, I’ve been able to eliminate habits that didn’t serve me as well.”
“The nine month program has been so incredible thus far! While 9 months initially seemed like a long period of time, it really permits the opportunity to study and apply the teachings to your own daily practice. I can’t imagine having tried to condense this experience. My whole practice has changed and it’s flowing into so many other areas of my life, these first six months have been an amazing gift that I can’t imagine cutting it even a second shorter.”
“Our class has been so kind and welcoming and it has been an absolute pleasure to study alongside them. All feedback given during practice teaching sessions has been both kind and helpful and I’m confident this is the product of an environment only Loretta could create. This is an incredibly safe and informative space to learn more about history, tradition, and ritual while also really impacting your physical practice in the company of people really working to do the same.”
“I really can’t imagine a more holistic approach than Loretta’s. We’re covering so much more than the physical asanas. This training program has been an opportunity to learn about the history and the variety within yoga and really permits each yogi to explore the areas that resonate most with them. We’ve also studied the physical asanas in depth, looking not only at alignment but the accompanying breath.”
Feedback from Yoga-Mojo’s Yoga Teacher Training
- Far exceeded my expectations!
- From day one, I felt supported, nurtured and in very good hands
- I feel very well equipped and well informed
- Perfect balance of movement, sharing and lecture
- I have experienced a tremendous amount of personal growth, spiritual connection and physical progress
- I did not expect to enrich my spiritual life!
- I will forever be a better person because of this experience
Three words to describe the Yoga-Mojo Teacher Program
- Very well organized
- Life Changing
Ten Reasons to take Yoga-Mojo’s 230-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program
- Experience and Knowledge. Loretta Jo has been practicing for several years and teaching group, privates and corporate yoga for the past ten years. Loretta has 11,000+ hours of teaching experience.
- Robust Curriculum. The YMYST Curriculum is robust and exceeds the topics required by the Yoga Alliance for 200-Hour RYT certification.
- An 8-Month Program. This 8-month program provides students the ability to digest information over the course of eight four half day sessions and apply their learnings in their personal practice, into their daily life and their teaching.
- Variety — VINYASA and More. Students will enjoy learning a variety of yoga teaching methods and lineages as we explore Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Yin and other “styles” of yoga – and determine the style/method that works best for them.
- A Wonderful Study Space. Yoga-Mojo Studio provides a comfortable, safe environment with lots of energy and light! Convenient to downtown Cary, Trader Joe’s, Sassool, WholeFoods and more~ Excited about 2021 as we’ve partnered with The Meadows at Firefly Farm to meet in person (safely and following all guidelines) or virtually online via Zoom
- Non-Competitive – Safe & Inviting. A non-competitive environment where students are welcomed with an open heart. Integrity & Trust~
- An Opportunity for Personal Transformation – Loretta Jo has helped transform student’s lives through the practice of yoga and has inspired students to explore their personal practice since 2006.
- Full and Rich Content: All students receive the Yoga-Mojo YMYST Notebook with access to an online library of information.
- Proven Methodology –Learn the Yoga-Mojo methodology for teaching with confidence and ease.
- Affordable Tuition: $3000
Who should attend?
All serious students – any level — interested in exploring the practice of yoga and developing skills to teach or deepen a practice.
We strongly encourage students have at least one (1) year of a consistent practice taking yoga classes in a teacher-led classroom. While recorded or streamed online classes are great, having live classroom experience is helpful in becoming a yoga teacher.
May I attend even if I don’t want to Teach?
Yes. Many students wanting to learn more about the practice of yoga have found YTT’s to be one of the best ways to explore the practice whether they elect to teach and guide others or simply deepen their own practice.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application and submit. If you have any questions, please contact Loretta Jo directly. A $500 deposit is required to reserve your space and is due with your application. Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified within ten (10) business days. Upon acceptance, a Welcome Packet will be made available via an online download.
What is the cost?
The tuition fee of the YMTT is $3000 ($2600 for early bird registration and paid in full by cash or check by December 1st – or $2800 if paying by cc) and does not include books, housing (if applicable) or meals.
A deposit of $500 is required at the time of acceptance with half the balance of tuition due by the first session and the remaining balance due the fourth weekend (April).
An installment plan is available in monthly or quarterly payments. Installment Plan: $3100
YMYTT Students receive 20 group class passes to be used during the course of the YMYTT Program. In addition, YMYTT students are able to purchase class passes or the Unlimited Monthly Yoga Package at a discounted rate.
Are scholarships/work-study/internships available?
Yes. Please contact Loretta Jo at [email protected] directly to inquire about scholarships, partial scholarship and / or work-study opportunities as well as possible internships.
What happens if I miss a class / a weekend?
100% attendance is required however we recognize circumstances may surface or a situation may arise where a class session may be missed. IF you find you must miss a session or part of a session you may be required to attend a make-up session at a cost of $150. In addition, additional self-study, homework or additional practice sessions may be required.
If you should need to cancel, please send your cancellation notification in writing to Loretta Jo at [email protected] Your deposit or tuition will be refunded minus $150 administrative fee if the cancellation is received thirty (30) days before the start of the first session/weekend. Cancellations made less than thirty (30) days before the first session is a forfeiture of the $500 deposit fee. Note: No refund is provided if a student completes the program but does not meet the Yoga-Mojo criteria for completion and certification.
Yoga-Mojo reserves the right to cancel the YMYTT Training at any time. Should this occur, a full refund will be issued.
Inclement weather Policy
January, February and March weather can be unpredictable. Should there be a closure of the studio due to poor weather conditions, we will look to reschedule the session the following weekend or a mutually agreed upon date and time.
What if I need to leave the program?
If life events require you to withdraw from the YMYTT Program, please speak with Loretta Jo asap. Refund requests will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Will I be a registered Yoga Teacher upon completion of the YMYTT Program?
Upon successful completion of the YMYTT Program, you will receive a certificate of completion. As the YMYTT Program is registered with The Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level, upon successful completion, you will then be able to register with Yoga Alliance. Note: Yoga-Mojo/Loretta Jo reserves the right to refuse a ‘certificate of completion’ if, at her sole discretion determines the student does not meet the requirements of graduation.
Yoga-Mojo Teacher Training & Studies Program - Code of Ethics
Yoga-Mojo's Partnered with beYogi Insurance
Yoga-Mojo has partnered with beYogi Insurance
beYogi offers yoga teachers and students access to affordable, all-inclusive yoga liability insurance. Their yoga insurance program covers a variety of teaching styles in a variety of locations! In addition, beYogi has resources to support you, your practice and your teaching. Looking for insurance coverage? Click here to learn more~